INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANTS
NORTHEAST REGIONAL COUNCIL (NERC)
THE MAURICE J. LABINE MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP AWARD PROGRAM 2018 - 2019
1. Scholarships totaling $2,000 will be awarded annually based upon:
• Academic and community accomplishments
2. The scholarship award will be made to a qualifying individual in the amount of $2,000*.
3. The recipient of the award must submit proof of enrollment before the funds are distributed. Funds will be
distributed in two installments (Fall, Spring) and will be paid directly to the awardee’s college/university.
4. Deadline for submission of the application to the Committee is on or before April 1, 2018.
5. The recipient will be chosen by the NorthEast Regional Council Scholarship Committee.
6. If you are not already a member of the IMA, and you are chosen to receive the scholarship, a student membership
will be awarded to you upon verification of enrollment.
7. Questions may be directed to email@example.com
1. Full-time students residing in the New England and Upstate New York area.
2. Candidates must be planning on furthering their education at, or currently enrolled at a four-year college or
university or a graduate degree program located within the NERC geographic limits (New England, Eastern
Upstate New York). Their major field of study must be in accounting or finance and the applicant must have a
3.0 GPA or higher in their major field of study and an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Complete the attached application and submit it to the Scholarship Committee by April 1, 2018.
IMA NERC Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 230271
Hartford, CT 06123-0271
Submit transcripts of college history.
Submit a letter of recommendation (choose one of the following):
a) Professor in the candidate's major field of business instruction
b) Former/current employer describing how well suited the candidate is for the accounting profession
Submit a 1-2-page letter containing the following information (resume may be substituted for items b-d):
a) Reason for applying for the Scholarship (financial, scholastic, etc.)
b) School activities and involvement.
c) Outside activities and work experience.
d) Awards for any scholarship or community service.
e) Future IMA involvement plans (including CMA certification), if any.
* The NorthEast Regional Council of the Institute of Management Accounts reserves the right to NOT award the scholarship of
$2000 if the application process is not completed in all areas or is not received by the specified date requested or if the applicant
is not deemed to have acceptable community or academic involvement or the applicant does not meet all standards set forth by the
IMA NorthEast Council Scholarship Committee.
Click here for scholarship application